Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Amanda, Jamie and Francessca 20/20/2013


 
 
Amanda walks in to the hospital looking a little frazzled as she walks to the desk then is pointed towards the waiting room.
 
Francessca: Amanda! Amanda over here! (Waving her over Amanda eye open wide with recognition then walks quickly over and hugs Francessca)
Amanda: Hi any word on Tad? (They both sit down)
Francessca: No not yet Jamie went back a few minutes ago but he hasn’t come back yet. Was Trevor okay when you dropped him off?
Amanda: He slept on the way over but then he woke up when I was taking him out of the car. (She frowns then giggles)
Francessca: Aww I’m sorry poor little guy.
Amanda: No it was okay your Dad took him in the kitchen and showed him a magic trick and he was fine.
Francessca: You mean he put bacon soda and vinegar in a glass and let it foam up. (Francessca blows a “raspberry” and they both laugh)
Amanda: Whatever it was Trevor loved it and your Dad became his new best friend.
Francessca: Good I’m glad he wasn’t too freaked out being in a new place and having his sleep interrupted. (She yawns then takes Amanda does the same)
Amanda: He was fine when I left me, on the other hand I’m going to look like the walking dead tomorrow.
Francessca: What’s going on tomorrow? (She sits back against the cushions and stretches her legs out in front of her)
Amanda: I have to go in to Manhattan for the expo. (She yawns again)
Francessca: Oh yeah I forgot about that. How’s it going?
Amanda: Great! It’s been fun and exciting and I get to use my brain. (Her eyes brightening her voice excited)
Francessca: I saw your commercial yesterday and you looked amazing.
Amanda: You think so? (She says biting her lower lip her voice tentative)
Francessca: I know so! It was one of the best commercials I’ve seen in a while.
Amanda: Really? (Her expression still unsure)
Francessca: Yeah, really I just bought one of those 3D printers you guys just released just don’t tell my Mom or Zach. (She whispers)
Amanda: I promise. (She whispers back smiling proudly then see’s Opal walk back into the waiting room clutching Tad’s soiled jacket and her mood saddens again) This is just all so unreal. Just a few hours ago we were all celebrating their wedding and now… (Her eyes welling with tears as the two hold each others hands and weep)
Francessca: I can’t believe she’s gone. Amanda reaches over outing her arm around Francessca and the two hug as Brooke walks towards them pulling off her coat her eyes filled with concern)
Brooke: Hey!
Francessca: Hi. (She stands wiping the tears from her cheeks and then hugs her)
Brooke: Any word on Tad? (She says looking around the room at all the drawn faces)
Francessca: We’re still waiting Jamie went back a little while ago to see if he could find out anything.
Brooke: Does anyone know how it happened? (Her reporter instincts in full mode) 
Opal: Adrian said it was a hit and run. (She murmurs staring down at Tad’s jacket) 
Brooke: Did Adrian know anything else?
Opal: I don’t know he bought us some coffee and then he disappeared. (She shakes her head her voice chocked with tears. As Adrian walks out to the main lobby of the hospital looks around a moment then spots Aidan and walks quickly towards him)
 
Aidan: How’s Tad?
Adrian: No word yet, were you able to find out anything more after I left?
Aidan: Nothing from the cops, but I did find this.
Adrian: Where you find it?
Aidan: Under the car when I was leaving the ridge.
Adrian: How do you know it’s his? It could have been there a while.
Aidan: It’s way to clean for it to have been out there for more than a few hours and this is the exact same packaging as the stuff he’s moving in Europe.
Adrian: So it’s exactly what we thought.
Aidan: That’s why the truck never showed up at the warehouse they had to change their plans and detour it some place else.
Adrian: Have you been spoken to Anna about this?
Aidan: Yeah, on the way over here she’s running down all the warehouses owned by Cambius and the man himself.
Adrian: Has she found anything yet?
Aidan: Not yet.
Adrian: I contacted our guys here in PV they said they should have something for us by morning.
Aidan: Good. We’d better go check on Tad. (He spots Jesse walking up behind Aidan and cuts the conversation short)
Jesse: Gentleman. (He says sliding up beside him too late to hear what they are talking about)
Adrian: Hey Jesse.
Jesse: How’s Tad? (His brow furrowed with worry)
Adrian: We haven’t heard anything yet.
Jesse: Is he still in the ER?
Aidan: Yeah, we were just on our way back.
Adrian: Do you have any more information about what happened out there?
Jesse: Nothing more than I did when I last saw you and even if I did I couldn’t tell you anything this is an open police investigation.
Opal: Oh Jesse!  (She stands coming to him and hugging him tight)
Jesse: I’m so sorry Opal, (He says patting her back then releases her and hugs Ruth) Ruth. (Her eyes begin to well with tears her voice tight)
Ruth: What happened Jesse? One minute they’re going on their honeymoon and the next they’re laying at the bottom of a ravine. (She finishes bursting in to tears as Joe wraps his arm around her pulling her close)
Jesse: As far as we can tell the limo had a flat the driver got out to change it when they were hit by what we think was a truck. The impact pushed the car over the embankment. When the car finally stopped Tad was partially thrown from the vehicle and Taylor was trapped inside.
Opal: Oh my Lord! That poor girl!
Ruth: Has anyone spoken to Mr. and Mrs. Thompson?
Jesse: I sent Natalia over to the hotel where they were staying earlier and Brot going to go over to them when he’s finished his assignment.
Opal: Who could do that Jesse? Run a bunch of people off the road and just leave them there to die?
Joe: Any leads on finding who did this to them Jesse?
Jesse: Not yet but I’ve got every man available on this and we’re going to find the people that did this.   
Joe: Aidan said it was a hit and run how long were they…(He swallows hard before continuing) lying there before they got help.
Jesse: We estimate the time they left and the time we got the call perhaps twenty minutes.
Ruth: Thank God for that. This time of year it could have been hours. Who was it that called the police? I’d like to send them something as away of thanking them.
Jesse: Yes, Mr. Devereaux St. Jacque and his driver. (He says watching Aidan and Adrian reaction to his name out the corner of his eye and noting the side long glances they give each other)
Jaime: Hey everyone I saw Dad and I spoke to his doctors.
Joe: How is he?
Jamie: They have him stabilized. Surprisingly he doesn’t have any internal injuries. He does have a concussion and his leg is broken in three places so they’ll be taking him up to surgery in a little bit. Physically he’s going to be okay.
Ruth: Can we see him before they take him up?
Jamie: Yeah, Grandma all four of you can go back if you want. He’s a little groggy.
Amanda: So he’s really going to be okay?
Jamie: Physically he’s going to be fine but he’s pretty torn emotionally.
Amanda: Poor Guy. How long is the surgery?
Jamie: My estimation six to eight hours. You should just go home we can call you.
Francessca: Why don’t you leave Trevor at our place for the night and I’ll keep him till you get back from New York. That way you don’t have to wake him or figure out a sitter.
Amanda: I don’t know I think maybe I should stay here.
Jaime: Why, so you can sit around a waiting room and day?
Francessca: You have been looking forward to this for weeks
Jamie: We all know how hard you’ve worked for this and my Dad’s been your biggest cheerleader he wouldn’t want you to miss this and if anything changes we can call you.
Francessca: I can have a limo waiting for you after the show and the Cortlandt-Slater jet can have you back in Pine Valley in less than twenty minutes.
Amanda: You guys are incredible! Thank you so much!
Francessca: Just be fierce tomorrow and take no prisoners okay? Now go get some sleep and don’t worry.
Amanda: Thanks guys I’ll call you in the morning and I’ll see you as soon as I’m finished.
Jamie: What about you? Are you tired you want to go home? We can if you want to.
Francessca: No I’m fine I’ll stay here with you.
Jamie: You’re sure?
Francessca: Positive. (She says leaning into him kissing him)
Jake: Hey guys what’s going on? Where’s Amanda? My mom said she was here.
Francessca: She went home.
Jake: Why something wrong with the baby? (His voice anxious his eyes searching Jamie’s)
Jamie: No, nothing like that (He grins as Jake sighs in relief) she was tired so we convinced her to go home.
Jake: And she left?
Francessca: Yeah, she’s has that big show tomorrow and there’s really no point in her hanging around here all night.
Jake: Huh huh. (His words short and clipped fist clench at his sides his anger barley in check)
Jamie: You okay?
Jake: I’m fine I’m a going to go check with the OR see if they’ve started yet. I’ll be back. (He grumbles as he stomps down the corridor) 

1 comment:

  1. Jake was being just a little selfish there.Understandably he's upset about Tad and Taylor but Amanda has to work tomorrow whether he likes it or not.

    ReplyDelete