Monday, September 17, 2012

Lenka, Colby and Devereaux  09/17/2012 

 
Lenka walks to the reception desk outside Devereaux’s office.
 
Lenka: Good morning we’re the Gregorian’s and we have an appointment with Mr. St. Jacque.
Receptionist: Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Gregorian I have it right here. Please, have a seat and I’ll let Mr. St. Jacque know you’re here.
Lenka: Thank you very much. (He walks to the small sofa just as Colby leans in close to whispers)
Colby: I’m going to run to the ladies room.
Lenka: Okay I’ll be right here. (Walking with her to the small entry hall his phone rings in his pocket he waits a moment while Colby slips into the restroom before taking his phone out and whispering hoarsely into the receiver) What’s going on?
Adrian: I could ask you the same question?
Lenka: I have a meeting this morning. (His tone low)
Adrian: Good, let me know how that goes. In the mean time I have an update on that other thing and I may have a plan to resolve your problem.
Lenka: If all works out today (He peers down the hall then listens to the motion in the bathroom before continuing) I may be able to help you with the first one.
Adrian: Excellent. (He smiles sounding pleased)
Lenka: So what’s going on with my thing? (Looking down the hall again as Ryan walks from his office into Devereaux’s)
Adrian: I’d rather not get in to either one over the phone. (Peering over his shoulder as giggling and running are heard outside the bedroom door)
Lenka: Maybe we can meet after my meeting here?
Adrian: Can’t I have to do something with my brother’s but we can meet afterwards. (Looking towards the door at the sound of Tad yelling down the hall at the girls who giggle and keep running)
Lenka: I have another meeting this afternoon what about tonight? (He says quickly watching as Ryan and Devereaux come down the hall Adrian looks towards the door as Tad’s steps stop and then knocks calling his name)
Adrian: Why don’t we make it after around ten? Yeah be right there!
Lenka: Call me. (He presses the release button and slides it in to his pocket as Colby comes out of the restroom just as Ryan and Devereaux arrive to greet them and walks to Lenka’s side. Devereaux extends his hand towards Lenka)
Devereaux: Mr. Gregorian, I’m Devereaux St. Jacque
Lenka:  Pleasure to meet you. This is my wife Ms. Colby Chandler-Gregorian.
Devereaux: Pleasure to see you again Ms. Chandler-Gregorian.
Colby: Please, call me Colby. Good to see you again Ryan.
Ryan: I can believe this is the same Colby that had mud fights with my daughter. How are you? (Eyes wide he hugs her then stands back a moment to admire the woman she had become)
Colby: I’m wonderful never been happier. (She blushes slightly) Ryan Lavery this is my husband Lenka Gregorian.
Lenka: Pleasure to meet you. (He smiles shaking Ryan’s hand firmly)
Devereaux: Ryan Lavery is “Cambius enterprises’” Vice-President.
Lenka: Mr. St. Jacque, Mr. Lavery thank you for meeting with me.
Devereaux: Lets go in to my office shall we? (He says leading them down the hall to his office then holds the chair for Colby as Ryan points Lenka to the other) it’s my pleasure. Sorry to have kept you waiting I’m off to a late start this morning. (He smiles taking the seat behind the desk Ryan sitting on the edge of his desk to the right)
Lenka: No apology needed.
Ryan: Devereaux and I took the red eye in from New York this morning.
Colby: We were out late our selves. (She smiles looking from Lenka then back to Devereaux)
Devereaux: We’ve read over the proposal you sent us and I have to say if the numbers are correct you stand to make quiet a tidy profit why would you want to include “Cambius”?
Colby: Our Company needs “Cambius’” capital. Right now the company doesn’t have enough liquid assets to make the purchase on our own.
Ryan: We understand that much but, why come to Cambius? Why not go to Slater-Cortlandt or to your wife’s fathers’ company?
Lenka: My wife prefers not to involve Chandler Enterprises in any of our ventures we’d prefer not to deal with Slater-Cortlandt again for personal reasons which if you keep up with the newspapers you are already well aware of, so we never considered them. (He shrugs) Our research leads us to Cambius as the best fit for what we had in mind. Cambius already has a contract with the export company that we need as well as their own dock in New York. It would cut down significantly on the cost giving us both a larger share of the profits.
Devereaux: I have to admit it does sound interesting (He looks to Ryan who nods in agreement then back to Lenka and Colby) when would we need to start?
Lenka: We have a week two-weeks top before we predict the market price will shift. (Ryan looks at Devereaux eyebrow raised then shakes his head)
Ryan: That’s cutting it a little close I don’t know if we can take that kind of risk and we’re talking about a lot of money.
Colby: I understand but we’re also talking about a lot of our money too. Mr. Lavery, Mr. Devereaux In two years we were able to become one of this countries newest fortune five hundred companies. We were named one of the most successful new companies again this year. Lenka and I didn’t get where we are by not taking risk. We are meticulous researchers we calculate the risk each step we take before we take it. And I’m telling you this is the chance of a lifetime and it would be an opportunity to put Cambius back in the black.  
Devereaux: You have given us a lot to think about and it does sound promising. What are your thoughts Ryan? (He turns to Ryan who smiles impishly as he slides off the desk as he speaks)
Ryan: Colby, you are true Chandler this proposal is shrewd and well researched I think that we may have one of those rare opportunities.
Colby: So do we have a deal gentlemen? (She looks from Ryan to Devereaux)
Ryan: I’d like to go over it one more time before we go any further.
Devereaux: And of course we’ll have our lawyers look over it before we can speak to our board. (He nods in agreement)
Lenka: Of course take your time but don’t wait too long. (He stands extending his hand to one then to the other)
Ryan: We’ll get back to you before the close of business day after tomorrow.
Colby: We look forward to hearing from you. (She hooks her purse on her shoulder then shakes Ryan then Devereaux’s hands)
Ryan: Colby it was really nice to see you again, Lenka nice to have met you I hope we’ll all being seeing each other soon.
Colby: Good to see you too Devereaux lovely seeing you. When you see Cassandra tell her to call me I haven’t heard from her all day!
Devereaux: I’m sure she’s been settling in to her new home I’ll be sure to mention it at lunch. (He smiles back her)
Colby: Make sure you do Bye! (She turns back and waves then closes the door behind her)
Devereaux: So what do you really think? (He says turning to Ryan)
Ryan: I meant what I said earlier I like it I just want to read over the material again as you said have the lawyers look it over. (He picks up the file again placing it face down on the table next to him)
Devereaux: You look over it tonight we’ll talk about it tomorrow. (He leans down and flips through the pages of his calendar)
Ryan: Sounds like a plan. Who’s up next?
Devereaux: Huh, we have JR Chandler and Rebeka Sherrigan.
Ryan: Whoa! You had them both here on the same day I’m surprised there are no fire works
Devereaux: Don’t worry I put a little space between them we have a brief meeting with our new Cambius girl and Anne Lavery then the Chandler-Sherrigan meeting. Oh, by the way how are things going with you and Ms. Lavery no problems thus far? (He says over his shoulder as he checks his tie in the mirror))
Ryan: So far so good. (He sighs crossing his arms across his chest)
Devereaux: Wonderful! (The buzzer on his desk rings) Yes?
Receptionist: Mr. St Jacque I have a message form Annie Lavery she says the designer was late to their meeting this morning she and Ms. Martin have been delayed.
Devereaux: Thank you Ingrid.
Receptionist: Oh, Sir Mr. Chandler and Ms. Sherrigan are already here.
Devereaux: Show them in please. (He walks to the door opens it in one smooth move walking towards JR and Rebeka Ryan walking behind brushing some imagined lint from his sleeve)
JR: Mr. Devereaux, good to meet you Ryan nice to see you. This is my partner Rebeka Sherrigan. (Ryan looks up his eyes bulbous with shock barley moving his voice caught in his throat as he stares at her)
Ryan: Gillian (He whispers his voice barley audible. Rebeka stares at him feeling his stare rake over her his reaction leaving her feeling cold and exposed)
Rebeka: Excuse me? (She looks at him confused she takes an unconscious stepping closer to JR) 
Ryan: I’m sorry you look like someone I knew a long time ago.
Devereaux: Shall we step in to my office?
JR: Yes we have a lot to show you (He allows Rebeka to pass in front of him then falls in step behind her. Ryan hangs back a moment trying to reign in his reeling thoughts but all he could think of was Gillian)

1 comment: