Thursday, October 18, 2012

Frankie and Randi 10/18/12



 
Frankie leans over the bed brushing the hair gently away from Randi’s face coaxing her awake.
 
Frankie: Hey baby.
Randi: Hey how are you?
Frankie: Better now how do you feel?
Randi: I feel fine. (She smiles sleepily)
Frankie: Are you in any pain?
Randi: I don’t think so.
Frankie: That’s god because I have two little people that have been waiting all day to see you. (He takes Spencer in his arms and holds him down toward Randi Angie does the same with Sydney) 
Randi: Hey babies!
Spencer: Mommy! (He squeals reaching his hands out to her. She takes one in hers kissing it and then Sydney’s)
Frankie: They have been so good today. Francessca said they were a perfect lady and gentleman. Cessca said to tell you she loves you and she would have stayed longer but she had to get ready for Taylor and Tads parties tonight.
Randi: Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. (Her voice sounding a little disappointed then reaches a hand to each of her children) I knew they would be. Mommy loves you both so much.
Sydney: Dove you!
Randi: Ahh, I love you too! (Refocusing her eyes and looking around her smile brightening when she see’s Angie and Natalia)  Hey Angie, Natalia.
Angie: Hey sweetheart. (Reaching down and giving her hand a loving squeeze)
Randi: Thank you both for everything the babysitting the cleaning the washing the cooking. I couldn’t have made it with out you.
Angie: Honey, there’s nothing to thank us for we’re family (She miles then leans down and kisses her cheek)
Jesse: That’s right! (He nods in agreement glad to see all of his family together especially Cassandra)
Randi: Where’s Cassandra? (She turns her head trying to look around Natalia as Cassandra comes to the side of the bed)
Cassandra: I’m right here. (She reaches for her hand then leans in and kisses her cheek)
Randi: Oh, I’m glad you came. I’ve missed you. (She gives he hand a squeeze then shakes it playfully)
Cassandra: I missed you too.
Randi: You have to promise me in a few days when I’m feeling better you and I are going to sit and talk. I want to know more about your new life and this Devereaux guy. (She smiles up at her tone gentle but firm)
Cassandra: I promise.
Randi: I’m going to hold you to it. (She squeezes her hand then lets go)
Jesse: Excuse me a moment I’ll be right back (He bows his head and pinches the bridge of his nose. He turns and walks to the bathroom closing the door behind him. He straightens reaching for tissue and pretends to blow his nose then tosses the tissue in waist basket. He reaches for the tap washing and drying his hands quickly. Then pulls a plastic bag from his pocket pinching the top and opening it then using a dry paper towel from the dispenser drops Randi’s toothbrush inside. He zips it top closed pats his pant pocket making sure his other sample was there then places the toothbrush inside his jacket pocket before reentering Randi’s room and rejoining his family at her bedside)
Cassandra: I really should get going Devereaux will be expecting me. (She says coming to the head of the bed she leans in hugs and kisses Randi good bye then hugs her mother) Mom I’ll give you a call maybe we can go out to lunch?
Angie: I look forward to it. (She holds here away from her a moment taking her in from head to toe she looked well physically but she couldn’t help but  notice the smile that didn’t reach her eyes and what she thought was fear flash across before letting go and reconciling herself to worry later)
Cassandra: Bye big bro. (She leans in hugging and kissing him smiling happily as she lets him go)
Frankie: Bye baby girl.
Cassandra: Natalia, Jesse. (She nods towards them as she walks out the door)
Natalia: See ya round.
Jesse: Have a good evening
Cassandra walks from the room and heads for the stairs leading to the parking garage she walks quickly down the first flight then pauses to listen hearing slower steps behind stopping just a second after her she continues down stopping at the door for the ground level. She pushes the door open then quickly ducks behind the steps slips off her shoes and waits. She watches as Devereaux’s man exists through the door then hurries back up the steps to the fifth floor where Rego sat waiting. She reaches the top of the stairs opens the door quietly slipping her shoes back on and closing it just as quietly as she had opened it then walks quickly to the car.
Cassandra: Hey!
Rego: So what’s going on? Why the clandestine rendezvous?
Cassandra: I had to slip away from Devereaux’s guard.
Rego: You have a body guard? Why?
Cassandra: For protection.
Rego: Protection from what? This is Pine Valley not New York City. If it were just for protection you wouldn’t have to ditch him. Now tell me what’s going on?
Cassandra: It’s nothing big it’s just that Devereaux is jealous he wouldn’t understand our friendship. He doesn’t believe that a man and woman can be just friends.
Rego: Is that what we are now friends?
Cassandra: I thought we were has something changed?
Rego: I wasn’t sure after last night.
Cassandra: Last night was just goodbye.
Rego: Is that what it was then?
Cassandra: I just wanted a lasting memory. Why, what did you think it was?
Rego: I thought maybe you had changed your mind you know, about moving in with Devereaux.
Cassandra: No sorry but if sometime you and I could still be friends with the occasional benefits. Remember how much fun you and I used to have sneaking around Pine Valley? 
Rego: I don’t think I’m up for all the cloak and dagger again. So if there is something going on tell me now otherwise I’m not doing this.
Cassandra: I thought you loved the sneaking around the hot secret sex!
Rego: Yeah that was all great till it was spattered all over the newspapers and television, someone is crying in front of you humiliated and kicks you across an alter. I’m not doing that again. If you don’t want to be with Devereaux then leave him.
Cassandra: I wish it were that easy. Nobody leaves Devereaux St. Jacque.
Rego: What do mean? You pack up your things and you leave simple as that.
Cassandra: I did leave him! I came all the way to Pine Valley to get away from him!
Rego: What are you saying (He scoffs) he followed you all the way from Paris?
Cassandra: YES! That’s exactly what I’m saying! Do you think I want to be with a man like Devereaux?
Rego: I thought you were in love with him?
Cassandra: I’m not in love with him! I…I didn’t have a choice!
Rego: Come on! You expect me to believe a man like Devereaux St. Jacque is holding you hostage? Why? It makes no sense! He could have any woman in the world why you?
Cassandra: You mean why me because I’m just some high-end prostitute to you?
Rego: No, of course not I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that. I mean why would he be so obsessed that he would move his business all the way here just to be with you.
Cassandra: Because he’s a sociopath and he’s in love with me. He thinks we’re soul mates that were meant to be together!
Rego: Do you love him?
Cassandra: Once, that was before I saw the real Devereaux and he killed any love I felt for him. The only thing I feel for him is disgust.
Rego: What do you think he’d do if you left him?
Cassandra: Oh he’s already told me he’d kill me.
Rego: What? Come on now Cassandra aren’t you being just a little dramatic?
Cassandra: You don’t know him. I’ve seen him do it. That man you see on the magazine covers and in board meetings that’s a façade. Just a mask he wears underneath he’s a monster! No matter what I do I can’t get a way from him. You have to help me.
Rego: He can’t hold you prisoner there has to be something more to it. What else is there you’re not telling me? Look if you want my help you’re going to have to tell me all of it. What else is going on?
Cassandra: When I left Paris I stole money from him to get here.
Rego: So basically you’re working off a debt.
Cassandra: No! It’s more than that! You don’t get it!
Rego: If you want my help then you’ll explain it to me.
Cassandra: He’s the reason I fled Paris…(the truth spilling out in torrents she was incapable of stopping it if she tried) Once I realized how dark that side of Devereaux’s life was… (She shutters scenes of Devereaux handling his “ business affairs” flash through her mind. She closes her eyes a moment and murmurs) The things I’ve see him do what he’s made me do it makes me sick. I just wanted to escape so one night I got my chance he was out I stole money from his safe and flew here. When he found out I was gone he was furious! He let the police believe that I stole money from him he made them think I could be drug dealer they put out a warrant for my arrest. When he found me here he had the charges dropped only if I promised him we’d go back to how it was before. He said that “all my running wasn’t good for me that I could meet with some tragic end.”    
Rego: Oh God sweetheart I’m so sorry. You should leave tonight.
Cassandra: It’s not that easy.
Rego: Why isn’t it?
Cassandra: Because he’ll kill me he’ll kill you and anyone else that stands in his way! He’s insane and he’s obsessed no matter where I go he’ll find me!
Rego: Why didn’t you just tell you mother, the police? My God the Police Chief is your bloody stepfather for pity sake? They could have helped.
Cassandra: Are you deaf? I just told you he doesn’t care! He always gets what he wants! He doesn’t matter to him who he has to lie, cheat, steal or kill to get it that’s why I’ve put so much distance between myself and my family? If he thought for a second I cared he would use them against me. Rego: If he is so dangerous what do you think I could possibly do? (He stares out eyes wide looking confused)  
Cassandra: Do you think if I knew what to do I’d be asking you for help? (She blurts out in frustration then calms her voice)  Please Rego, you have to help me I don’ know where else to go. I need you! (She pleads collapsing in his arms sobbing uncontrollably)
Rego: Okay, (He soothes smoothing her hand as she cries) okay give me a couple of days let me see what I can come up with. Just keep cool and I’ll get back to you. (He cradles her in his arms kisses the top of her head. Smiles secretly to her self, pleased she’d maneuvered him almost where she wanted him. She pushes away from him as she wipes the tears from her face and sniffs then looks up at him with doleful eyes looking the part of a wounded and trapped animal)
Cassandra: You can’t call me I think my phone is bugged. (She sniffs as if n the verge of tears)
Rego: Wait your phone is bugged? (He places his finger beneath her chin forcing her to look at him) How do you know?
Cassandra: He knows too much, (She pulls her face from his grasp casting her head down as if ashamed then glares back at him defiantly) things that he could have only gotten from texts or phone calls.
Rego: You could have just left your phone around or he over heard? (Trying to place some break in the firestorm she’d just spun then by her expression realizes the mistake in speaking his thoughts aloud as her eyes narrow her lips become strained over her teeth and she hisses back)
Cassandra: I never leave my phone around and they’re conversation that he wasn’t around for! God you really do think I’m some stupid paranoid crazy woman don’t you? (Her arms fold across her chest as she slams her self back against the seat her brows drawn together)
Rego: No, I don’t I can tell you’re scared (He concedes sitting back in his seat holding his hand to his head) it’s just so unreal. How the hell am I supposed to get in touch with you if I can call you?
Cassandra: We could meet here at the hospital day after tomorrow (She looks at him her eye bright as if the idea had just come to her) in Randi’s room say around three?
Rego: That will work! (He turns to her smiling broadly then hugs her the momentary closeness stirring more then just happiness for their plan. Cassandra pushes away knowing her time was almost up) 
Cassandra: Okay I’ll see you there. I’d better get going.
Rego: Okay, I’ll see you then and try not worry we’ll work it out okay?
Cassandra: Okay (She smiles weakly then closes the door and walks back towards the stairs smiling to herself. That had been easier than she thought she’d put her plan in motion she’d just have to wait a few more days and she’d be ready for the next step)

No comments:

Post a Comment