Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jesse and Angie


 
 
Jesse and Angie   10/04/2012
 
Jesse walks into the waiting room and straight to Angie who a smiles happily.
 
Jesse: Any word on Randi?
Angie: Oh there you are! (She gives him a quick kiss) none yet and good you forgot the food. (She playfully chastises)
Jesse: No, I didn’t! I stopped at Krystal’s and she told me she’d sent food over. So I came back dropped Griff at the ER and came up here.
Angie: Wait back up? You dropped Griff at the ER what Happened?
Jesse: He went to carry a tub of dishes to the kitchen slipped on some water fell, and cut his hand.
Angie: Is he going to be okay?
Jesse: Yeah doctor said he’d be fine.
Angie: Good. Did you get a chance to do that other thing? (Her face etched with worry)
Jesse: Yeah, (He sighs) I talked to her.
Angie: How’d it go? (Her eyes wide with anticipation)
Jesse: I think maybe I got through to her. (He grins)
Angie: Do you think she’ll be here?
Jesse: Trust me she’ll be here.
Angie: Thank you Honey. (She throws her arms around him smiling from ear to ear hugging him tight)
Jesse: Your welcome. (He leans down and kisses her forehead then releases her) Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go get something to eat I’m starving!
Angie: You go ahead I’m going to go to the nurse’s station and check on a couple of my patients.
Jesse: I’ll be right here. Going to go grab a plate and talk to my baby girl!
Angie: I’ll be right back! (Jesse walks to the basket and peaks in) Ahhh looky here! Looky here! (He pulls a plate from the pile placing a sandwich tosses some salad next to it. He slice off a big chunk of pie sticks a knife and fork in his pocket then takes a seat next to Natalia)
Jesse: Hey Baby!
Natalia: Hey Dad. Hungry? (She smirks looking down a his plate)
Jesse: Starved! How everything down at the station?
Natalia: Quiet for the most part.
Jesse: Good. (He shovels a mouth full of salad in to his mouth and chews it then swallows) Hey, let me ask you something? (he says wiping his mouth with the napkin)
Natalia: Sure, What’s up?
Jesse: You ever met this Devereaux St. Jacque?
Natalia: Yeah, (She says with a roll of her eyes) once at “Confusion” one night he was with Cassandra.
Jesse: What was your impression of him? Like, what was the vibe you got?
Natalia: I thought he was polite if not charming but also aloof if not a little cold and Cassandra was all weird around him. I don’t know I get an under current of something I can’t…(Her brow knits as her mind searches for the word) I can’t find the word for it… (She sighs loudly then shrugs looking confused)
Jesse: Sinister? (He finishes the salad then takes a bite of his sandwich)
Natalia: Yeah, that’s it! (She says nodding her head in agreement) And not like the kinds you expect from a business guy you know? When you know the guys a shark his is more…Like a…
Jesse: Predatory?
Natalia:  Yeah! You get the same thing?
Jesse: Yeah, as soon as he walked in the room the entire tone changed it was palatable. And like you said Cassandra became this weird cat on a hot tin roof bimb-bot.
Natalia: Yeah, and it’s the way Cassandra looks at him and just her whole demeanor when she’s around him. It’s definitely not someone in love it’s just kind of creepy. (She shutters)
Jesse: Yeah that’s the same vibe I got and no matter how much Cassandra pretends she still looked like deer in the headlights when I saw her with him.
Natalia: Maybe she’s cooking up another one of her schemes?
Jesse: No, my gut tells me it’s more than that. Just do me a favor keep an eye out for her?
Natalia: Come on Dad we did that before and looked how well that turned out!
Jesse: Come on? I’m not asking you to spy on her just keep your eyes open. Let me know if you think thinks are getting sketchy. You see her more than I do. Please?
Natalia: Okay, okay.
Francessca: Hey guy! (She wheels the stroller into the room stopping in front of them)
Jesse: They’re Grandpa’s babies!
Francessca: They fell asleep on the way up here.
Natalia: Well we’ll just leave them that way.
Jesse: Good idea! (He says pushing the stroller across the floor a few feet away from them then covers them each with a receiving blanket)
Jesse: Hey sweet heart how you doing? (He says hugging Francessca)
Francessca: I’m good.
Natalia: Thanks for taking them.
Jesse: You look like you’re still in one piece.
Francessca: It wasn’t so bad they like the pre-school class at the “Miranda Center”.
Natalia: What are you up to now?
Francessca: Well I’m going to go home take a nap then we get ready to out with Taylor tonight!
Natalia: You know it! (They high-five then giggle)
Jesse: You ladies better keep it down to a small roar. (Francessca looks at her watch then back to Natalia and Jesse) I better get going I’ll see you later?
Natalia: Oh, I’ll be there!
Jesse: Good to see you sweet heart thanks again.
Francessca: No problem. (Francessca walks out of the room in to the hall checking her watch again and practically running into Rego) Rego! What are you doing here?
Rego: I came to check on Randi see how she was doing.
Francessca: How did you know about Randi?
Rego: Brooke mentioned it at breakfast this morning.
Francessca: I’m surprised you were sober enough to pay attention.
Rego: I’m not a drunk!
Francessca: No you’re a liar and a cheat.
Rego: Honestly I don’t feel like dancing to this song right now.
Francessca: Hang over getting to you?
Rego: Could you just tell me how Randi is?
Francessca: What do you care?
Rego: Because once upon a time we used to all be friends. I’m not some kind of monster I care what happens to her. Is there any news?
Francessca: Not yet she’s still in surgery everyone just waiting.
Rego: Do they know anything else?
Francessca: They’ll know more after the surgery.
Rego: Thank you.
Francessca: You’re welcome.
Rego: Listen about last night…
Francessca: Forget it we both said some stuff.
Rego: It was just the finding out about you and Jamie I just..
Francessca: Sucks when you find out someone you loved and trusted betrayed you?
Rego: I’m sorry if I’d known you were going to be here I wouldn’t have come.
Francessca: Thank you for being so considerate. Would have been nice if you’d have shown it when we were together!
Rego: Can we please just stop this?
Francessca: Gee I wish you had asked me that last night before you and that ignorant slut pounced on me!
Rego: I already apologized! How many different ways do I have to say it?
Francessca: I’ll let you know when it happens.
Rego: Francessca you and I are going to have to find a way to get along.
Francessca: Why? I don’t talk to you, you don’t talk to me works fine.
Rego: We both know that will never work. You’re married to my stepbrother we’re bound to run in to each other. Birthday’s, Holidays, Anniversaries we have to at least be civil to each other.
Francessca: Fine whatever.
Rego: Good, glad we could work this out.
Francessca: Look I have to go.
Rego: Francessca wait!
Francessca: What now?
Rego: I just wanted…(Frankie walks down the hall pulling Angie along with him cutting off whatever Rego was about to say as he pulls them into the waiting room with him)
Frankie: Hey everyone! I just spoke to Dr. Colgate and Randi is doing okay. They were able to get the entire tumor and they’ll be moving her to post OP soon! (He turns to hug his mother grinning from ear to ear as a cheer goes up in the room. Rego turns to Francessca hugging her quickly the two forgetting themselves for a moment. As he releases her he feels a small thump against his belly. Francessca stares at him a moment then pushes away from him)
Rego: Wow! Was that? (He looking surprised)
Francessca: Yeah he does that a lot. (She pats her tummy and smiles)
Rego: That was so…
Francessca: Amazing? (She grins)
Rego: Can I?  (He reaches his hand out touching her womb without waiting for an answer tentatively touching her as the baby kicks again snatching his hand away and giggles)
Rego: Oh wow! That is incredible! (He stares at her grinning stupidly his look overwhelming her with guilt)
Francessca: I umm (She looks down at her wrist barley looking at her watch) have to go! (She says scurrying off down the hall passing without un-noticing Cassandra seething with anger and jealousy)

No comments:

Post a Comment