Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lenka and Sergei 03/06/2013


 
 
(Lenka stands inside the elevator talking on his phone to Adrian)
Lenka: So you think it was the truck you were following?
Adrian: Yeah, and we need to figure out what happened to it.
Lenka: So I would assume it never showed up at the warehouse?
Adrian: Not while we were there and I doubt it ever will.
Lenka: Not a problem Sergei and I will have answer for you by morning.
Adrian: That’s great. Have you heard anything else?
Lenka: Yeah someone I know is expecting something big tomorrow. I sent all the details to your boss. (He steps out the elevator and walks the short distance to Sergei’s apartment door)
Adrian: That’s great thanks a lot for all your help.
Lenka: Not a problem I’ll take care of this you take care of your brother we can meet up tomorrow. 
Adrian: If you need me I’ll be here at the hospital.
Lenka: I’ll be in touch. (He snaps his phone off and sticks it in his jacket pocket then fishes in his pants pocket for the keys to unlock the apartment door finding the correct one and opening the door quietly he locks it behind him. He looks around the living room the television is on there’s a glass on the coffee table judging by the ring around it hadn’t been picked up for a while. He reaches for the gun in the holster under his jacket flipping the safety off and keeping his hand on the handle he walks back towards the bedroom and looks around then checks the bathroom. He walks to the closet pushes the clothes aside, presses the latch above his head opening the cover on the keypad presses the numbers on the pad releasing the door and steps through)
Lenka: I thought you were done for the night? (His shoulders relaxing as he puts the safety on his weapon) I got a little concerned when I walked in.
Sergei: I was then I got a notice that the big man himself was home so I came in here to see if I could get anything useful.
Lenka: Did you?
Sergei: Did I what?
Lenka: Did you get anything useful?
Sergei: No nothing as far as what we need but I did get something we might be able to use. (His smile crocked and devilish)
Lenka: What do you have?
Sergei: Watch. (He says pressing the play button and leans forward) He comes in sits on the couch for a few minutes talks to the girlfriend for a few more minutes then goes to bed.
Lenka: Okay? (He looks at him quizzically)
Sergei: Okay, the weird thing is he didn’t look that tired when he walked in.
Lenka: Maybe he just got tired?
Sergei: No watch (He types in to the keyboard then swivels the monitor around so Lenka can see it) Watch him, he sits down he talks for a minute and he hands him a drink he’s fine. Now watch after she hands him the second one. (They watch as Devereaux’s actions begin to slow then watch him rises and shuffle towards the back) Now watch her. (They watch as Cassandra practically dances smiling broadly as she washes the glasses then struts back towards the bedrooms)
Lenka: He does seem to be moving slower. So what do you think she drugged him or something.
Sergei: I don’t think she drugged him I know she did watch what I have about an hour earlier. (He reaches for the DVD exchanging it for the one they were viewing then waits a moment while the image pops up) Watch! (The two lean forward starring at the screen and watch as Cassandra breaks one small capsule and shakes the contents into the partially filled glass swirl the glass hold it up to the light then place it back under the bar) That’s the glass she gave him the second time.
Lenka: Interesting I wonder what’s going on there. (He frowns turning towards Sergei)
Sergei: I thought maybe you knew. (He shrugs)
Lenka: I don’t know but it might be worth looking into.
Sergei: That’s what I though. Here (He says tossing him a jewel case with the a disc in it) I made a copy to give to our friends.
Lenka: We may be able to use this at some point and it could really be worth looking into, this is good. (He grin then fades as he takes in Sergei’s words)
Sergei: Or she could be a ticking time bomb waiting to blow this up in our faces. (He nods in agreement watching as Sergei retrieves a bottle from his desk and two glasses pours liquid in to each then hands Lenka one)
Lenka: You have a point she has a bad habit of being very unpredictable.
Sergei: Oh here’s some more good news. (He says straddling the chair in front of him)  Our friend got a call after you left and then announced to everyone at the table he was going to be “fat” in the next few days.
Lenka: Where you able to get anything else?
Sergei: No, but he spent the rest of the night bragging about it.
Lenka: What an idiot! (They both laugh as Sergei refills their glasses)
Sergei: No kidding! Anyway I set up another game for us tomorrow I figured the closer he gets to the pay off the more he’ll talk.
Lenka: He always does. Hopefully we can wrap this up and get back to our lives. (he sighs sitting back in his chair then sips his glass)
Sergei: Yeah it’s been a long time since we went out and had some fun.
Lenka: That is a very good idea when this is over you and I will head down to Atlantic City and have a real boys night.
Sergei: Won’t the little misses be yanking on your chain? (He teases)
Lenka: You let me worry about Colby what about you and that Dena.
Sergei: Don’t get me wrong she’s a lot of fun but I’m not ready to be her husband or even her boyfriend and she wasn’t ready for that either so we just hook up every now and then.
Lenka: Lucky you lets drink to getting this over and get back to our lives. (he holds up his glass and they clink them together in a toast)
Sergei: Egeszegere!  
Lenka: Egeszegere!

No comments:

Post a Comment