Thursday, November 14, 2013

Phillip and Dani 11/14/52013

Dani and Phillip stride up the walk way hand in hand chatting till they reach the front step.
Dani: What I really want to do is surf in Hawaii.
Phillip: I got on one once, it was horrible all I did was fall off.  (He jokes his hands in his pockets as he smiles down at her)
Dani: Come on it can't be that bad? (She says over her shoulder as she walks to the porch swing and sits Phillip following behind her then sitting in the empty space next to her)
Phillip: I'm serious! I have absolutely no sense of balance what so ever. I'm lucky I can walk. (He teases making her giggle)
Dani: I've seen you walk its not that bad. (She steals a look at him from the corner of her eye watching him digest what she said then giggles when he leans forward his eyes wide with mock indignation) 
Phillip: So you admit it's bad?
Dani: Nothing a little practice can`t  fix. (She teases)
Phillip: Only if you help me? (His voice softens as he turns towards her enjoying the slight blush on her cheeks)
Dani: Oh I don't know, (She rises quickly his nearness making her suddenly uncomfortable she walks to the railing leaning her hands against it and looking across the lawn) I'm going to be kind of busy with classes,,studying...(She grins looking back at him over her shoulder. He rises quickly coming to stand beside her)
Phillip: Ah you have to help me considering you do it so beautifully. (Their eyes lock as Phillip leans towards her. Dani stands transfixed as if a spell had been cast over them her chin tilts up to meet his lips as somthing inside bangs to the floor and Tea's voice can be heard mumbling to herself breaking the spell) So did you have a good time?
Dani: That was absolutely amazing!
Phillip: I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Dani: I can’t believe I just had dinner with the owner, editor and publisher of “Tempo” magazine!(She squeals spinning in a small circle and sitting back on the swing) 
Phillip: Yeah, Brooke is pretty amazing. (He grins sitting next to her)
Dani: And she is just so real! I mean I’m sitting there talking to her and after like two minutes I was like telling her my entire life story.
Phillip: Yeah it’s cool the way she does that.
Dani: Dude it’s way more than cool! It’s flipping amazing!
Phillip: I’m glad you had a good time.
Dani: That was like the best night of my life! I got to meet a real journalist.
Phillip: Wait I thought you said your father owns a newspaper?
Dani: I don’t really think you could call what Todd does journalism's. (She says with a roll of her eyes then laughs)
Phillip: What about your aunt? Vicky was it.
Dani: Yeah she’s pretty awesome  but it,s not exactly the same. Brooke English is like the reporters, reporter she's legend. Like that piece she did with Mike Roy or the one she did on homeless women? She won like a dozen awards just for those two alone!  Thank you so much for asking me.Phillip: 
Phillip: You’re very welcome I`m really glad you came.
Dani: So am I.
Phillip: So what are you doing tomorrow?
Dani: Well I`m supposed to go shopping and have lunch with this girl I met today.
Phillip:  What about tomorrow night?
Dani: Nothing  really why?
Phillip: "The Black Keys" are playing at this club in Llanview if we can score tickets do you want to come?
Dani: I'd love to and I might know how to score us some tickets. (She says with a nod of her head a confident grin playing on her lips)
Phillip: You`'re joking? (He turns towards her eye wide)
Dani: No, the club you`'re  talking about is owned by my stepmother I'm pretty sure I'll ask her.
Phillip: Let me know if you can and I'll call my friend see what he comes up with. What time is a good time to call you?
Dani: Umm around one-thirty.
Phillip: So I'll call you and we can compare notes?
Dani: That sounds great.
Phillip: I'd better get my grandfather's car back. (He looks at his watch then stands)
Dani: I'd better go in before my Mom starts flashing the porch lights or something. (She laughs taking his offered hand and stands)
Phillip: Thank you Ms.Manning for a fabulous evenings. Without you I would have been bored out out of my mind.
Dani: Thank you Mr.Brent I had a great time.
Phillip: I'll see you tomorrow. (He steps down a step making them almost eye level holding her hand a little )
Dani: See you tomorrow. (She tips up kissing him gently on the lips then moves towards the door)
Phillip: See you tomorrow. (She smiles and waves then opens the door closing it quietly behind her. He watches a moment then strides down the walk whistling to his self as he walks back to his car. He climbs into the vehicle sliding the key in to the ignition and starts the car at the same moment his phone rings. He slaps the dashboard with one hand and pulls on to the road rolling slowly down the street as he talks)
Phillip: Tell me what's poppin Girlie? 
Molly: Where are you?
Phillip: I had something else to do.
Molly: I thought you said you were going to stop by?
Phillip: No, you said you wanted to meet up tonight I told you I was busy.
Molly: Come on a John's got the key to his Dad's boat  Justin's got a keg so a bunch of going to party on the river. 
Phillip: Naw I can't I'm moving into the house with my Uncle and his girl friend tomorrow.
Molly: What happened to my favorite party boy?
Phillip: The Party's over Love.
Molly: I hope that doesn't include me?
Phillip: Our party's was over a long time ago besides I thought you and Justin were hooking up now?
Molly: Justin's cool it's just you should come it's the last night before classes it's just not going to be party without you.
Phillip: You mean it's just not a party without the party favors. 
Molly: Now that you mention it do you have anything?
Phillip: I told you weeks ago darling, I'm done my summer semester is all paid and I'm out. 
Molly: So that's it?
Phillip: Done, I'm not taking any chances with my scholarship But you might want to check with Kyle.
Molly: Cool, sure you won't come?
Phillip: No I can't besides I have to get my Grandfathers car back. Oh and if you can't get Kyle, try Randy  
Molly: Thanks Dude! See you tomorrow.
Phillip: Have fun. (The ends as Phillip gets to the end of the street checking the traffic pulls out on to the highway then up the hill back towards his Grandfathers. No, partying with Justin and Molly tonight getting sucked back in to her games no way. She was way to much of a party girl for him and he wasn't sure what else she needed but what ever it was, he wasn't the guy to give it to her. Whatever he mentally shrugs, she was Justin's problem now. Besides tonight at his Grandfather's with Dani had actually been fun. There was just something about her. He smiles wistfully to his self looking forward to tomorrow at one-thirty)    

1 comment:

  1. love that Dani knows about Brooke English being like the reporters of reporter a legend. and the piece she did with Mike Roy or the one she did on homeless women. good history. also love how much Philip likes Dani

    ReplyDelete