Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jamie and Francessca 06/12/2013


Jaime: Heyyyy! (He calls gently sliding in to the room and closing the door behind him) how are you feeling?
Francessca: Hey honey! (He leans in closes and kisses her gently he pulls the blanket to the side smiling as his son drifts off to sleep) Fine a little tired but for the most part good.
Jamie: Is he sleeping?
Francessca: He just dozed off. (She smiles up at him and nods her head)
Jamie: He’s had a big day and so has his momma.
Francessca: Yeah, one of the longest ones I can remember but this little guy (She kisses the sleeping child forehead as she rocks him in her arms) just couldn’t wait to get here.
Jamie: God, he is so amazing.
Francessca: I think so.
Jamie: and look at all that hair!
Francessca: That explains all the indigestion.
Jamie: It couldn’t possible be the pepperoni pizzas with onions?
Francessca: No, not at all. (She shakes her head in mock denial and laughs)
Jamie: He’s so tiny.
Francessca: Who you calling tiny? He’s eight pounds two ounces twenty-two inches I’d say that’s a nice size baby.
Jamie: Wow!
Francessca: You want to hold him?
Jamie: I don’t want to wake him. (She hands him the sleeping child giving him no choice but to take him then stretches her arms out in front of her)
Francessca: You’re not going to wake him.
Jamie: How’s my boy? (He stands and slowly paces the room cradling his son in his arms)
Francessca: Logan, say “hi” to Daddy! (She reaches for her phone on the night stand snapping a quick picture of Jamie holding their son)
Jamie: So I guess Shania is out? (He winks)
Francessca: It was never in! (She laughs) Logan Michael Martin what do you think?
Jamie: I like it. It fits him! (He nods in agreement)
Francessca: I wanted to name him after my Dad’s but there are way too many Michael’s in this family and then somebody would want to give him a nickname and what’s left Mickey? Yuck! (She contorts her face looking as if she’s swallowed a lemon making Jamie chuckle)   
Jamie: Hey, Logan how you doing little guy you’re out cold who could blame you? You had a very big day today so you get some rest. I can’t wait till you get big enough I’m going to teach you how to ride a bike, how to catch jellybeans in your mouth, throw a football kick a soccer ball and anything else you want to do. That’s right whatever you want to do I’ll be right there with you. Now why don’t you finish your nap and let Mommy and I talk. (He smiles laying the baby in the bassinette, then sits on the bed next to Francessca and holds her in his arms she lays her head against his chest snuggling her nose against him enjoying the scent of him and the strength and comfort she always felt in his arms flow through her. She’d waited all day for this moment)
Jamie: I’ll admit I was scared. (He kisses her again this time slowly savoring the taste and feel of having close)
Francessca: So was I! (She looks up at him then pulls his arm tighter around her) All I could think about was what if his thing falls?
Jamie: All I wanted to do was climb down in there with you. The thought of you in there giving birth and all the “what if’s” running through my mind. (He pulls her closer resting his head on the top of hers) I don’t know what I would have done if anything had happened to the two of you. (He kisses the top of her head and looks over at the baby sleeping bassinette next to them)
Francessca: I don’t even want to think about it I was just glad Rego insisted on helping me carry the art supplies to my car or I would have been in there by myself! (She says with a shudder) 
Jamie: Yeah! (He sighs with relief then chuckles) If we were scared he must have been freaking out.
Francessca: A couple of times there I thought he was going to loose his lunch. (She laughs at the memory of the look on his face when he saw the baby was crowning)
Jamie: It must have felt a little awkward.
Francessca: At first but once he calmed down he was actually really good he was funny and empathetic I was actually kind of glad he was there.
Jamie: Really? (He looks down at her his eyes questioning)
Francessca: It made me feel a little less guilty you know, (She looks up at him he stares at her a moment then stares unseeing out the window) at least we didn’t steal that moment from him. I figured no matter what happens in the future at least we won’t be taking that from him too.
Jamie: Are you having second thoughts?
Francessca: I did. (She feels the tension instantly as the arm that held her tensed. He looks back at her his face compassionate yet disappointment dulled the smile in eyes that had been there before)
Jamie: We can still tell him if that’s what you want
Francessca: After everything that happened today for a moment there I came really close to telling him the truth.
Jamie: What stopped you?
Francessca: The elevator doors opened. (She shrugs) 
Jamie: Is that the only reason?
Francessca: At that moment yes but not now (Her tone resolute leaving no room for reproach she lays her head back against Jamie’s chest her palm resting against it she smiles as she feels the tension leave him) I know we’re doing the right thing. I was thinking about it after thing settled down and I was so glad I didn’t. (She sighs with relief at the divine intervention that had kept her from making that blunder)  For one thing I was just caught in the moment and probably just a little shock. I’m a mother and I have to do what’s best for our son. I have to think with my head not my heart. (Remembering back to right before they stepped in the elevator and the doors closed and she’d gotten a glimpse of Cassandra coming from Randi’s room and the look on her face when she’d seen Rego helping her) He hasn’t grown up and he’s still playing games with Cassandra.
Jamie: Wait I thought she was with that Devereaux guy. (He pulls away looking down at her she stares up at him in disbelief)
Francessca: Come on Jamie when has that ever mattered to either one of them?
Jamie: You’re kidding right? (He shakes his head still not believing what he was hearing, She pulls away from him sitting up so her arms crossed over her chest) brows drawn in to a v-shape)
Francessca: What’s with Rego’s sudden interest in Randi? I not saying they’re not friends but Randi has been in the hospital for months all of a sudden both he and Cassandra start visiting Randi on the regular oh and coincidentally always on the same days at around the same times? Give me a break! (She chuckles shaking her head at Jamie naïveté)  Natalia and I had that figured out in like two seconds flat.
Jamie: I never noticed.
Francessca: Trust me those two are still together and Rego will never grow up he seems to like drama. They may think they have everyone else fooled but their still creeping around town. Now instead of me they have that Devereaux guy in the mix. (She smirks devilishly) He impresses me, as the type that will be way nastier than I ever was when he finds out.
Jamie: You’re not kidding (He whistles between his teeth she was right the man was a shark in business darn right dangerous he couldn’t imagine his personal life would be any different)
Francessca: I’m never going to tell him especially not as long as he’s with her.
Jaime: So that’s it? (He smiles down at her pulling her close again glad they were finally putting it all behind them)
Francessca: That’s it we’re never going to talk about this again. (She holds him tighter snuggling down in to his warm embrace)
Jaime: Good because I have a way better way to spend our time. (He teases)
Francessca: Oh yeah?
Jaime: Yeah, (He reaches in his pocket and takes out his phone) I took pictures of Dad and Opal when I took the baby up to see him. (Handing her his phone enjoying her face light up as she flips through each photo)
Francessca: When did you do that?
Jamie: While you were sleeping.
Francessca: Oh wow these are great!
Natalia: Hey! (She pushes the door her arms filled with a large bouquet of flowers and places them on the night then give Francessca a big hug) Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!
Brot: Here I got this for you Jamie. (Handing him a square wooden box)
Jamie: Real Cuban cigars this is amazing! (He opens the lids and pulls one out running it slowly under his nose enjoying the rich smell of the tobacco) Thank you!
Brot: Only the best for the best! (He moves around the side of the bed leans down and kisses Francessca’s cheek) How you doing darling?
Francessca: I’m fine. Thanks for the flowers guys they’re beautiful!
Natalia: Oh my God! (She moves to the bassinette looking down at the sleeping baby sighing in awe) Look at him! He’s gorgeous! Can I hold him? (She turns towards her eyes half pleading)
Francessca: Of course why are you even asking? (She reaches for her phone snapping a few pictures of Natalia holding Logan for the first time. Natalia smiles down at the infant in her arms then walks to Brot. He places his arm around Natalia and looks down in awe of the tiny life in Natalia’s arms) Logan say hello to your Godparents Aunt Natalia. (She says snapping the look on their face as their heads fly up mouths agape, grinning from ear to ear)
Brot: You’re kidding right? (His eyes bright with surprise his voice cracking with suppressed emotions)
Jamie: We couldn’t think of two better people.
Brot: I’m, we are so honored Thank you! (He gives Jamie a hearty hug slapping him on the back for good measure)
Natalia: We are going to be “Thee” best Godparents you have ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment