Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Casa Slater 12/12/2012


 
 
 
Francessca walks in to Casa Slater with Ian and Spike in tow laughing as they walk in the door Ian slamming it behind them.
 
Ian: We’re home! (He shoots dropping his backpack next to the door as Kendall gets up from the couch and walks towards them)
Kendall: Hey guys did you have fun?
Spike: Yeah it was great! (He shrugs out of his backpack and drops it next to his brothers)
Kendall: Good you guys ready for lunch? (She stoops over looking from one to the other)
Ian: Francessca said she’d make us lunch. (He looks at Spike then back at Kendall)
Kendall: I was going to make you my special watercress sandwiches with apple slices. (She looks from one to the other sounding disappointed)
Spike: Mom, (Sounding more like the parent than the child) we already decided in the car on the way home.
Ian: and we hate those! (Spikes head swivels quickly frowning at his brother who’s eyes open wide as he slaps his hands to his mouth)
Spike: Ian, you weren’t supposed to tell her! You hurt her feelings!
Ian: Sorry Mom. (Staring guiltily down at the floor)
Kendall: It’s okay (She kisses the top of his head holds the front of his jacket twisting him from side to side and giggles) your Dad doesn’t like them either. Why don’t you guys go put your stuff away and wash your face and hands?
Spike: Okay come on Ian race you up the stairs! (He picks up his backpack waiting impatiently for his brother)
Kendall: No racing up the steps walk! (She says wagging her finger at them
Francessca: Hey guys? (She says stopping them as they walk and signs to them) Then come help me make us some lunch.
Spike: Okay we’ll be right back (He signs)
Ian: Signs (Please don’t let Mom make that gross sandwich and the three laugh. Kendall watches them surprised and pleased as they all giggle again then her boys run down the hall as Kendall and Francessca walk down into the living-room)
Kendall: They are getting really good with that and so are you! (She sits down on the sofa next to Francessca) Me I got less than half of that and I promise no sandwiches. (They both laugh)
Francessca: No, that’s good.
Kendall: You think so?
Francessca: Yeah, I think you’re doing great. Their tutor says they’re doing well but they need to practice more. (She reaches for Kendall’s drawing and looks at it as Kendall examines fabric swatches)
Kendall: So should I. Honestly sometimes it still I don’t know? (Her voice becoming conspiratorial) I guess I still kind of fight the facts you know?
Francessca: Oh, I understand don’t feel bad we all do but Spike pretty okay with it. You should have seen them pretending to be soldiers yesterday and signing to each other across the yard. (She smiles at the memory of them rolling across the yard and ducking behind the shrubs) 
Kendall: Or when they don’t want me to know what they are talking about like now. (They both laugh) Thanks for taking them.
Francessca: Anytime!
Kendall: I don’t know what happened to my calendar but I’ve been so busy lately I don’t know if I’m coming or going (She blows a stray tendril off her forehead and leans back against the cushions)
Francessca: Not a problem anytime you know I love spending time with them. (She glances down at the table that strewn with fabric color wheels and sketches) Business is really taking off?
Kendall: Yeah! I started using the office above “Confusion” again. 
Francessca: Good for you! (She adjust her self on the cushions trying to find a comfortable position) If this kid is as active when he’s born as he is now I’m going to be real busy. Just hope I’ll get to see my guys as much as I do now. (She sits up quickly grinning her expression playfully confused)
Kendall: You really think those two will ever let that happen Silly girl! (she says with a wave of her hand) They will hunt you down. I’m not kidding! You should have seen them when you were in New York! Every day “Where’s Cessca? Mom! When’s Cessca coming home?”
Francessca: I’m really sorry I put you all through that but like you just said “fight the facts”. (She shrugs her expression remorseful)
Kendall: Don’t be sorry this is me you’re talking too. (She pats her chest) If anyone gets it I do you did what you needed to do, they just adore you.
Francessca: I’m crazy about them too. I mean I love Miranda and Gabrielle but those two they have my heart. That was one of the hardest parts about being there. I didn’t realize how much I’d miss my family or how much Pine Valley has become home.
Kendall: We’re just glad you’re home! (Kendall hugs her tight for a moment) Sooo I have been dying to ask you how are thing with you and Jamieee? (Drawing his name out her voice dripping with innuendo)
Francessca: Jamie is great! I have never been happier! (her face brightening as she speaks) He is so excited for the baby! I took a nap yesterday and when I woke up he’d put the crib together and put up the curtain rods in the nursery!
Kendall: So what colors did you decide on?
Francessca: I went with yellow since Jamie won’t believe he’s a boy. (She rolls her eyes then pats her tummy and giggles) A very active boy!
Kendall: I can’t believe I’m going to be a “Great Aunt”.
Francessca: Why not? You were already a great Aunt!
Kendall: Oh thank you! (She says hugging her and then feels a small kick) Oh some one is very active! (They both giggle) You know I missed this you and I talking.
Francessca: Me too!
Spike: You ready?
Francessca: Yep, lets go! I got it! (She says reaching for the door knob as the bell rings) Hi Erica.
Erica: Hi! (Fake air kiss) Hi! Boys!
Spike and Ian: Hi!
Erica: Well look at you! (She says holding Francessca’s arms out away from her sides)
Francessca: Yeah look at me. (She blushes feeling suddenly awkward)
Erica: Well you look beautiful! (She gushes shaking her hair back from her face)
Francessca: Thank you and you look fabulous as always.
Erica: Thank you. So what are you two up too? (She looks from Spike to Ian)
Ian: We’re going to make lunch. (He says proudly reaching for his cousins hand)
Spike: Want some?
Erica: Thank you sweetheart (She leans down kissing his cheek lightly) but I have a Tad’s wedding today and I have a million errands to run so I can’t stay long.
Francessca: Oh, then I’ll see you later.
Erica: Oh, that’s right! Then I’ll see you later.
Francessca: Come on guys I’m hungry. (She turns leading them towards the kitchen)
Ian: You’re always hungry! (Eric and Kendall watch the three enjoying there banter till they disappear behind the door)
Erica: Well I have some fantastic new for you! I spoke to my friend (Kendall looks at her confused)  you know the one down in the fabric district in New York he said he can get you two bolts of that fabric you wanted for whole sale!
Kendall: That’s fantastic! (Her face lighting up as she quickly hugs her Mom)  Thank you!
Erica: You’re welcome! Here’s his phone number (Pulling a business card from her purse and handing it to her) he said the shipment was just released from customs yesterday to give him a call and he can have shipped to you.
Kendall: That will be great! Thank you so much! (She says hugging her again)
Erica: No problem honey, anything I can do to help you know that. What’s all this? (Waving her hand over the coffee table)
Kendall: Oh, I was working on the stage mock up for Annie. (She pulls the sketch book from the pile handing it to Erica)
Erica: Stage mock up? What is Annie a producer now? (She scoffs)
Kendall: No she’s working on a presentation for Cambius they have a booth at the Expo in New York next week and she needed a design. I was just waiting for the currier to pick them up.
Erica: What does Zach have to say about you working for Cambius? (She says handing the book back to her)
Kendall: I’m not working for Cambius I’m doing work for Annie not directly for Cambius I’m a subcontractor. (Her reasoning sounding like a sales pitch) Besides Zach is very supportive of Annie’s new business.
Erica: That’s wonderful I’m glad but how does he feel about you being around Ryan?
Kendall: That’s the beauty of it I don’t have to be anywhere near Ryan. I’ll be in New York the day before for the build and set up and back home the same day. Ryan won’t even be there till the next morning we won’t even see each other. You don’t have to worry about me.
Erica: I wasn’t worried about you I was more concerned bout Zach and Ryan.
Kendall: So far Ryan and Zach are at peace as long as Ryan leaves our family alone he has nothing to worry about as far as we’re concerned.
Erica: Well, I don’t think you have anything to worry about with Ryan he been like his old self since he got out of that horrible place.
Kendall: Good for him I’m glad he’s moving forward with his life. (She twist her head looking quickly around the room and lowering her voice) And everything is still okay as far as Greenlee and Jack are concerned?
Erica: As I said Ryan is back to being the Ryan I knew before Greenlee destroyed his life. (Kendall rolls her eyes closes them for a moment  shakes her head then stands)
Kendall: You know what let’s talk about something else and I know you didn’t come all this way just to drop off a business card and talk about Ryan? (She reaches for a large envelope on the desk slipping her drawing inside)
Erica: Oh I almost forgot (She says coming to stand behind her) could I borrow that pretty pendant I gave you last Christmas it will go perfectly with the jacket I plan to wear. Oh you should see my dress! I went all the way in to New York just to get it! It’s absolutely stunning and it’ll be even more stunning with me in it.
Kendall: Sure I’ll go up and get it for you (She finishes scrawling the address on it then turns with her hand on her his eyeing her suspiciously) but ahh who or should I say whom are you getting all dressed to the nine’s for.
Erica: My sweet girl you know that Erica Kane is always a ten no matter where she goes, whatever the event or who’s she’s with.
Kendall: So it has nothing to do with Jack? (Her voice rich with doubt)
Erica: Well of course Jack will be there but I have my own plans.
Kendall: Ahh huh, I’ll be right back. (Erica walks around the room a moment stopping at the desk and flips through admiring the colors on the swatches of fabric as Zach walks in. Placing his brief case next to the door and walking in to the living room reaching for the mail in the slot and shuffling through it)
Zach: Hey Erica how are you.
 Erica: Zach how are you?
Zach: Terrific where is everyone? (He shove the mail back in the slot and looks around)
Erica: Kendall’s upstairs and Francessca and the boys are in the kitchen.
Zach: Cessca’s here? (His mood brightening)
Erica: She and the boys are making lunch.
Zach: Yeah, cool I’m going to say hello. Hi honey! (Hugging her quickly)
Kendall: Hey how was your morning? (Then walks towards the kitchen)
Zach: Great! I’m going to grab some lunch and take a shower.
Kendall: Okay I’ll be in, in a second. (Zach come through sniffing the air and enjoying the sight of his kids working together)
Zach: Hey troops what’s going on in here?
Ian: Hey Dad
Spike: Hi Dad, we’re making lunch! (Smiling proudly was he fills the bowls with salad and hands them to Ian who places them on the table)
Zach: Smells good! Hey Frannie! (He teases grinning like an imp as he sticks his finger in the bowl then sticking it in his mouth)
Francessca: Hey! How was your day? (She grins pouring the batter in to the a pan then placing it in the oven)
Zach: Great! How are you doing?
Francessca: A little tired and I think my ankles are swollen. (She leans back against the counter and sighs)
Zach: Soon huh? (He smiles reaching down to touch her tummy and feeling the baby kick)
Francessca: Yeah and he’s itching to get out. (They both laugh) 
Zach: You look happy.
Francessca: I am happy. (She walks o the cabinet and pulls down the plates handing Zach a couple)
Zach: Good I’m glad. (He turns and pulls silver ware from the drawer placing them next to the plates as Francessca and the children sets out the glasses) How’s your Dad I haven’t talked to him in a while? (Taking the pot of soup from the stove and walking back to the table)
Francessca: He’s great! He’s all excited about working with Dr. Hayward. (She walks around the table filling each glass with water as Zach ladles soup into the bowls)
Zach: Your Dad’s working with David? (He stopping his chore a moment and looking p at her) When did this happen?
Francessca: A couple of days back. (She walks to the oven opening the door an peaking in at the pan inside and turning it then closing the door) He came home all excited saying he was going to be working on some research project with David. (She says placing the platter of sandwiches in the center of the table)  You ready for lunch?
Kendall: I’m starved! (She says coming through the door and walking to the table pulling out the chair and sitting down) This looks really good guys!
Zach: Yeah, yeah it does let’s eat! (He says his mind distracted as he passes the platter to Kendall)

1 comment: