Friday, December 14, 2012

Opal and Palmer 12/14/2013


 
 
 
Opal and Palmer 12/14/2013
 
Opal and Palmer at Cortlandt Manor getting ready for Tad and Taylor’s wedding.
 
Opal: Come on Palmer get a move on it! (She calls over her shoulder as she primps at her vanity table)
Palmer: I’m coming! I’m coming and could you please stop that screeching! (He grumbles walking back in to the bedroom form the bathroom then back)
Opal: What’s the matter love bug a little too much bachelor party?
Palmer: No! I would just rather not listen too your cat in a grinder screeching. (He grumbles walking back in the pulling his tie from the bed and begins to tie it)
Opal: There’s some aspirin in the medicine cabinet.
Palmer: What I really need his a tumbler of scotch.       
Opal: A Little bit of the dog that bit you huh?
Palmer: Hmm.
Opal: I’m just happy you enjoyed yourself.
Palmer: It was a most pleasant evening.
Opal: So what did you boys do all night?
Palmer: The usual things men do at these things.
Opal: I get it you’re not going to tell me.
Palmer: I spent a good part of the evening chatting with Oliver Sherrigan.
Opal: Oh, that’s nice he’s such a wonderful man. What did you talk about?
Palmer: He was telling me about the business my great nephew and his niece have started. He was saying how proud he was of the two of them.
Opal: JR has been a different man since he got together with Rebeka she’s been really good for him.
Palmer: He was telling me they just signed a big contract with “Cambius” yesterday.
Opal: Ohhoo, that’s wonderful! That’s fantastic news Dixie would be so proud of the man JR has become.
Palmer: I think she would be too. (He stands behind her then leans in hugs her by the shoulders and kisses her cheek then inspects his reflection in he mirror)
Opal: You know that explains why Rebeka asking about Ryan at the party last night. I was wondering why she’d be asking about him.
Palmer: Looks to me that she still has a few things to learn about business. I would have thought she’d have done some research before broaching a deal with them.
Opal: Well it didn’t seem like business to me it seemed more personal. She was asking what kind of person he was?
Palmer: And what did you say.
Opal: You know I said he’d always been a good man he’d lost his way there for a little while but he seemed to be back to his old self. Then I pointed out that she looked a lot like Gillian.
Palmer: You know now that you mention it she does look a lot like her. Ha, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that!
Opal: Oh you! (She slaps him playfully on the hand)
Palmer: Are you almost ready? (He walks to the bureau pulls out a handkerchief to compliment his suit then sticks it in his jacket pocket)
Opal: Just have to spray my hair and I’ll be done!
Palmer: Thanks for the warning before you release your gas bomb I’ll go down and have the car bought around. (Leaving the room)
Opal: I’ll be right there. (Opal walks in to the bathroom checks her hair in the mirror and pats a few stray strands in to place she flips the switch for the fan then reaches for her bottle of hair spray. She checks the mirror again smooth back a strand of hair with one hand and spray her hair with the other the mist from the spray creating a fog around her head. She narrows her eyes and bends her head slightly to get the back then stops and stares at the reflection in the mirror.
Opal: Jenny? (She whispers then spins around just as Palmer comes through the bathroom door)
Palmer: Aren’t you ready yet? You said you would be right down!
Opal: I’m... I’m coming Palmer. (She stammers looking around the bathroom)
Palmer: What’s the matter with you?
Opal: I…um…nothing I choked a little on the spray. (She says placing the can down on the counter then looking behind herself in the mirror again)
Palmer: One of these days you’re going to kill yourself this that stuff. Come on lets go we’re going to be late.
Opal: Sure…umm yeah. (Leading the way out of the bathroom she snatches up her purse from the bed and heads down the steps Palmer at her heals)
 

1 comment: