Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Amanda and Jake        01/24/12


Amanda walks happily down the hospital corridor she spots Jake standing at the nurses station writing in a file and hands it to the nurse she walks quietly behind him and places her hands over his eyes.

Amanda: Guess who? (She giggles)
Jake: The smartest most beautiful wife and mother in the world. (He grins turning to face her)
Amanda: Good answer! (She smiles happily and then kisses him)
Jake: How did your doctor’s appointment go?
Amanda: Terrific! The doctor says I’m in perfect shape.
Jake: I have to agree with your doctor.
Amanda: You’d better (she grabs the front of his lab coat tugging on it playfully pulling him to her)
Jake: Where’s Trevor?
Amanda: Opal was reading to the kids up in the Children’s Ward reading stories she said I could leave him with her for a while. So how much longer are you going to be? (She snuggles his neck and they both giggle)
Jake: I’m almost done I just need to finish up some documentation and we can get going.
Amanda: Well hurry up! (She gives him a quick peck on the lips then leases him they smile at each other as he walks back around the desk and picks up a file. He reaches for a pen in his pocket and begins to scribble on the chart she glances down the hall then back at the Jake who looks down at his watch then begins writing again then places the chart back on the rack) 
Jake: All done! (He steps around the desk then steps aside as Lola walks through)
Jake: Hey Lola how are you?
Lola: I’m good how are you?
Jake: Better now that I’m off! (He grins warping his arm around Amanda’s waist who grins and rests her hand against his chest) Have you met my wife?
Lola: I don’t think so. (She smiles placing the chart under her arm and extending her hand)
Jake: Dr. Lola Colgate I’d like you to meet my wife Amanda, Amanda this is Lola Colgate Pine Valley Hospitals new head of Oncology.
Amanda: Nice to meet you (She smiles takes Lola’s offered hand and shakes it)
Lola: Wonderful to meet you. (She smiles back)
Amanda: So are you from Pine Valley?
Lola: No, I just recently moved here (She reaches over placing the file inside the rack)
Amanda: So how do you like it so far?
Lola: It’s lovely it reminds me of one of those picture poster cards. So where are you two off to?
Jake: I’m taking my wife and son to the opening of our friend’s restaurant opening.
Lola: Sounds like fun. (She smiles wistfully)
Amanda: If you’re free you’re more than welcome to join us.
Lola: Oh, I couldn’t intrude really. (they all turn their heads and grin as the shriek of “Daddy” comes down the hall and a toddler runs towards them Opal running behind him)
Jake: There’s my little man! (He smiles broadly kneeling down and enveloping Trevor in his arms and picking him up)
Opal: As soon as he’s old enough you better sign him up for track! (She puffs coming to stand with them) He’s faster then a racehorse with burr under his saddle! (They all laugh)
Jake: Opal, have you met Dr. Lola Colgate she’s our new head of oncology. Lola Opal Courtland
Opal: Nice to meet you.
Lola: You too.
Jake: We were just trying to convince Lola to come to the opening with us.
Opal: You should come everyone in Pine Valley will be there and the food promises to be out of this world!
Amanda: Come with us I promise you’ll have a good time.
Opal: We’d love to have you.
Jake: We’re not going to take no for an answer. (He teases)
Lola: Okay, okay (She grins let me just go back to my office and grab my purse.
Opal: We’ll wait for you right here! (Lola walks down the hall towards her office she watches a moment then turns back to Jake and Amanda) She seems nice.
Amanda: And just a little lonely. (A touch of sadness in her voice)
Jake: How would you know you’ve known her like what five minutes?
Amanda: It’s just a feeling I get and the look in her eyes
Opal: You felt it too. Reminds me when I first got here.
Amanda: Yeah, me too.
Opal: I doubt that she knows too many people outside of work. Going to Krystal’s will be a great place to get to meet some folks.
Amanda: That’s what I thought. (They both nod in agreement)
Trevor: Hot dog! (His voice a little more demanding)
Jake: Hot dog? Where’d learn that. (He looks from Trevor to Amanda quizzically)
Amanda: Hot dogs are Trevor’s new favorite food.
Jake: I thought it was chicken nuggets?
Amanda: Honey that was so three weeks ago. (She smiles down at Trevor rubbing her nose against his)
Trevor: Hot dog! (He yells bouncing in Jakes arms as Lola walks up to them coat and purse in hand)
Lola: I’m ready! (She smiles brightly excited to be going out with people so much better than eating lunch alone in her office everyday)
Jake: Then lets get going!  (He grins taking Amanda’s hand leading them all towards the elevator)

No comments:

Post a Comment