Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Erica and Ryan    01/10/2012


Ryan stands in front of the window staring out over the town as Erica walks in.

Erica; Oh my god Ryan! Look at you! (She squeals walking to him and hugging him tightly) It’s so good to see you!
Ryan: It’s great to see you too.
Erica: Are you okay? You weren’t seriously injured were you?
Ryan: No I’m doing okay. (He smiles a little half-grin then moves back to the bed and lies down)
Ryan: How are you? You’re looking great.
Erica: I’m terrific! (She smiles brightly tossing her hair over her shoulder) And you look so much better than the last time I saw you.
Ryan: I feel much better than the last time I was here (He chuckles) Speaking of the last time I was here I have a couple of questions maybe you can answer. (Stares at Erica his eyes wide watching for her reaction)
Erica: My goodness you’re so serious. (She laughs trying to keep the nervousness from her voice)
Ryan: This is serious. (His voice deepening his words succinct) When I was in here last time right before they took me up to surgery I could have sworn you told me that Greenlee was alive.
Erica: Ryan, you were so sick (She says with a sake of her head placing her hand upon her chest) I would have said anything, anything to get you to want to live.
Ryan: So you’re telling Greenlee isn’t alive and you just said that to make me feel better. (He crosses his arms and stares at her disbelieving)
Erica: Exactly, Ryan when I saw you that day you had almost but given up.
Ryan: So, Greenlee is really dead. (He eyes her suspiciously)
Erica: What are you trying to say? Are you calling me a liar? (Her voice filled with indignation)
Ryan: Of course not, but you still haven’t answered my question.
Erica: Ryan If Greenlee were alive don’t you think she would be here with you right now?
Ryan: You still haven’t answered me.
Erica: Ryan, I really don’t know what else to tell you.
Ryan: Erica, Tell me if Greenlee is alive or not. (He says pronouncing each syllable. She looks at him a moment her thought flashing through her head as she examines and then discards each response just as Angie walks in holding Ryan’s chart)
Angie: Hey, Ryan how are you feeling? (She grins broadly)
Erica: Angie hello!
Ryan: I’m doing okay. How’s Jesse?
Angie: Jesse’s great. (She smiles) I’m more concerned with you how’s your head?
Ryan: Better than yesterday.
Angie: Erica, can you excuse us for a moment please?
Erica: Sure. (She picks up her purse from the chair and slings it over her shoulder)
Ryan: If you don’t mind Erica I’d appreciate if you stuck around I’d like to finish out talk (His eyes wide nodding his head)
Erica: Oh, I would love to Ryan but I have another appointment (She looks down at her watch then back up at Ryan)
Ryan: You can come back later? (He pushes as Erica walks toward the door)
Erica: I’ll see how my schedule goes today I’ll see you later. Bye Angie
Angie: Bye! (She smiles brightly as she walks out the door closing it firmly behind her. She walks a few paces then reaches into her purse pulling her phone and dialing quickly) Kendall!
Kendall: Mom, what’s up? (She says placing a fabric swatch down on the desk)
Erica: Are you busy because I really need to talk to you. (She flips her head looking back towards Ryan’s door)
Kendall: Why what’s going on? (She stares at the phone quizzically)
Erica: I can’t talk about it on the phone are you at home?
Kendall: Yeah, the boys are at the Miranda Center and I don’t have to pick them up till later.
Erica: Okay, don’t go anywhere I’ll be right over! (She says hurriedly)
Kendall: Okay (Her brow creased with concern) I’ll see you when you get here. Bye.
Erica: Bye! (She shoves her phone in to her purse and moves quickly towards the elevator)

No comments:

Post a Comment