Tuesday, August 7, 2012




David and Krystal    05/21/2012


David walks into the bedroom smiling when he sees Krystal sitting up reading. He walks to the bed and kisses her then sits on the edged and begins to pull off his shoes.

David: What are you doing up?
Krystal: I got involved in reading this book and lost track of time. What time is it?
David: A little after one AM.
Krystal: Wooo! Time to put this down. (She places her bookmark in the pages then closes it placing it on the night stand) Well you’ll be proud of your son he came straight home ate his dinner studied his words I quizzed him before he went to bed and he got them all right.
David: Oh good I’m glad he took what I said seriously.
Krystal: He takes everything you say seriously like promises of spending the day with him.
David: Oh I meant that I’m going to pick him up from school tomorrow and I’ve taken off the following day to take him to the miniature golf course and to the children’s museum.
Krystal: Oh good I’m glad you remembered!
David: It would be better if his Mom came with us?
Krystal: No, I’m going to go to the restaurant you two go and have fun. Besides I got the distinct feeling that Darius didn’t want girls along. 
David: Ohh. Well next time. (He kisses the top of her head then crosses to the bathroom pulling on his shirt as he goes)
Krystal: You betcha.
David: Sorry I couldn’t stay for dinner I had an emergency. I went looking for you when I was done but you had already gone by the time I got back.
Krystal: I ahh saw Lola after you left.
David: What? (He mumbles around the wad of toothpaste in his mouth he head pops out of the bathroom stares at her a moment quizzically then pops back in finishing up quickly and coming back into the bedroom) What happened? If she hurt you… (He brow furrowed as he paces for a moment)
Krystal: No it was okay. (She says signaling him with her hands to calm down)
David: She didn’t try anything did she? Because if she did I’ll…(She smiles enjoying his protective side)
Krystal: No really it was okay we umm kind of talked.
David: Wait a minute you two talked. (He looks at her his eyes questioning)
Krystal: Well we kind of screamed at first and then we kind of talked and hashed a few things out.
David: Your kidding right? So everything is all cumb bi ya now? (His voice dripping with sarcasm)
Krystal: No I wouldn’t say were all that but at least I don’t want to kill her any more.
David: Wow, (Folding his arms across his chest) so what did she say?
Krystal: Well she explained what happened before she came to live with me and Babe. (Her sadness filing her voice)
David: Your telling me she found an excuse for abandoning you and our daughter? (His hand flies to his forehead he paces a moment then turns back towards her)  You almost went to jail because of her!
Krystal: David she was grieving the loss of her child. (Her tone still solemn)
David: She had a child? (He stops pacing to look at her eyes wide)
Krystal: Yeah she was about Babes age she died of cancer and Lola just lost it. And me of all people can understand that. Take a look at what happened to me when Babe died? If the people I love can forgive me for some of the things I did then I should at least try to forgive her. (He sighs remembering for a moment Krystal and the months after Babes death and calms)
David: Well I’m glad as long as she doesn’t hurt you again I’m fine with that. (He warns then smiles reaching for his pajama pants and heading into the bathroom)
Krystal: I think it will be okay. (She reaches behind her pulls out her pillows and plumps them. She looks around the room a moment and see’s the envelope and calls out to David) Oh, some big envelope came to you special delivery. I left it on the table right there for you.
David: Oh, thanks honey! (He walks from the bathroom to the table turning his back on her as he reaches for it)
Krystal: What is all that? (She calls from behind him as she settles down in to the folds of the bed) He opens the envelope carefully pulling it out partially his eyes scanning the document till the fall on the name Chief inspector Henry then places them back inside the envelope and reseals it a satisfied grin playing on his lips)
David: Just some papers about the funding for my research. (He smiles knowingly to himself then reaches for his brief case opening it and tossing the papers inside he crosses to the bed feeling exhilarated he climbs quickly under sheets reaching for Krystal and kissing her passionately.) I’m really glad you and your sister have come to some kind of understanding.
Krystal: Yeah me too. What about you and me forget about everything and everybody and just concentrate on you and me.
David: I’d say I like the way you think 

No comments:

Post a Comment