Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jake and Amanda       03/12/2012


Amada comes down the steps smiling as she picks up he blanket from the banister and folding it as she walks toward the couch placing it on the back as she comes around to sit next to Jake.

Jake Trevor asleep? (He moves over a bit giving her enough room to curl her legs under her)
Amanda: Yeah, he went out like a light! (She reaches for the television remote and begins flipping through channels)
Jake: Did you see him on the trampoline? (He shakes head no as Amanda stops on the nature channel)
Amanda: He loved that thing! (She smiles continuing on her search)
Jake: He was so funny! Trying to jump! (He laughs reaching for the bowl of peanuts and popping a few in his mouth)
Amanda: Yeah he cracks me up! (She laughs stopping on some crime show Jake shakes his head) And now that he’s learned how to talk!
Jake: I think his consecutive question record is up to fifteen now! (He offers her the bowl she shakes her head no and he places them on his lap)
Amanda: He’s growing up so fast. (She props her head on her hand leaning her elbow against the back of the couch)
Jake: Pretty soon we’ll be putting him on the bus for his first day of kindergarten. (He grins popping a few more peanuts in his mouth then washing them down with his soda)
Amanda: Please don’t even go there! (She rolls her eyes) He’s just so independent (She puts down the remote and turns towards Jake chewing her lower lip for a moment then speaking) I was thinking maybe we could enroll him at the Miranda Center a couple hours a week.
Jake: You don’t think he’s too young? (Turning towards her his expression concerned)
Amanda: Too young? Are you kidding me? Do you know how many kids are in daycare full day?
Jake: I know but I thought we agreed we were to wait to he was older. (He looks at her confused not sure where all of this was coming from)
Amanda: I know but honestly (She pauses a moment looking mildly afraid to say the words coming from her own lips) I get a little bored sometimes without adult interaction. You’re at the hospital and with Randi’s sick it’s Trevor and me all day everyday. (She rushes on wincing a little as she waits for Jake’s reaction)
Jake: I know where this is headed and it’s okay. (Her head snapping up looking surprised)
Amanda: You’re not going to argue with me on this?
Jake: What’s the point? You’re just going to keep harping on it till I agree anyway. (He glances at out the corner of his eye and smirks)
Amanda: I don’t harp! (She grins punching his arms lightly he winces in feigning pain then hugs her to him and they laugh) 
Jake: So what think you’d want to do?
Amanda: I thought about going back and managing “Confusion” again or going to “Salter-Courtland” but I’m not sure I want to do the whole corporate thing.
Jake: But you said you always had fun at “Fusion”.
Amanda: I did and that’s the problem it definitely wouldn’t be the same and I’m not sure I’m ready for the real corporate world.
Jake: What “Fusion” wasn’t the real corporate world? (He smirks pretending to be shocked)
Amanda: It was and it wasn’t. I mean most of the time yeah other days like when Greenlee and Kendall were fighting it was a joke and if you ever repeat that I’ll kill you! (She grabs him by his collar grinding out the words then laughs)
Jake: Don’t worry! Believe me I know! When those two went at it everyone better get out of the way! (He nods in agreement then leans his head against the back of his hand)
Amanda: That’s why I was thinking maybe “Confusion” I was looking on line and they have an opening the hours aren’t bad. I would only be away from Trevor a few hours at the end of the day. I was figuring maybe five to eleven thirty then I would only be missing two three hours before he goes to sleep and I checked with your Mom and Taylor and they both want to help out.
Jake Wow, you really thought this out. (He nods his surprised how much thought she’d put in to it)
Amanda: Of course! Jake I love my family and I enjoy raising our son. I would never do anything with out thinking of you guys first. But, I really need this Jake.

Jake: Baby, whatever makes you happy. (He grins then leans in and kisses her) You know if your not busy tomorrow I could use your help over at Jamie’s clinic tomorrow.
Amanda: Why, where’s Jamie (Her eyes open wide and her mouth gapes at the swift intake of air) don’t tell me!! Jamie went to find Francessca! (She giggles moving closer pulling on his shirt and giggling)
Jake: Shhh! You can’t tell anyone!
Amanda: I’m not! But good for him! I hope he finds her and brings her home! (She lays back against his chest smiling happily)
Jake: Me too and you never answered me.
Amanda: I would love to let me just check with your mom first. Thanks honey! (She wraps her arm around his neck kissing him)
Jake: You don’t have to thank me like I said what ever makes you happy. But (he says pushing her back on the couch grinning slyly) I could think of a better way for you to thank me.
Amanda: Sooo, what’s in it for me? (She giggles as he nuzzles her neck)
Jake: Oh, you’ll see. (He trails kisses down her neck his hands following their path unbuttoning her blouse as he goes)

No comments:

Post a Comment