Tuesday, August 7, 2012




Frankie and Randi   05/24/2012



Frankie finishes setting up the camera then comes back to the bed and lies next to Randi.

Frankie: You ready? (He says holding up the remote control and aiming it at the video camera)
Randi: Come on baby lets do this! (She smiles adjusting her scarf)
Frankie: Okay Go!
Randi: Hi Tad and Taylor! Congratulations you two!
Frankie: Congratulation Sarge and Tad!
Randi: I just wanted to thank you Taylor for being such a good friend to Frankie and me especially now. Making dinners, taking the kids I couldn’t have wished for better friends than both you and Tad. It makes me really happy to think of the two of you celebrating your new life together I wish I could be there with you but I’ll be there in spirit and I want to know everything so Francessca you have to take lots of pictures and videos!!
Frankie: Congratulation Sarge and Tad! Sarge you Brot and me we go back along way. I if it hadn’t been for you and Brot talking me down, standing by me when I was at my worst, when I was feeling so low I didn’t think I’d ever climb out and you were there for me every step I wouldn’t have made it this far if it wasn’t for you. You used to tell me that we were all going to make it, have a family someday and if we were really lucky be happy. Well you were right! I’m glad I listened to you. I’m really glad I was here to see your day come and share in your happiness! I love you guys! Congratulations!
Randi: We Love You! (They blow kisses at the camera and wave then Frankie presses the off button)
Frankie: I’ll leave this here incase we think of anything else. How are you feeling? (He says settling back down on the bed beside her)
Randi: Not great but better than I have been. Who ever that donor was I want to thank him I owe him life. I don’t know what I would have done if he hadn’t come along.
Frankie: Yeah I thank the Lord every day.
Randi: So do I. For him to come just when we needed him most was nothing short of a miracle. Sometimes I wonder who it was. Like some long lost uncle or cousin or something.
Frankie: I thought about that. Do you know of anyone aunts uncles, cousin’s grandparents?
Randi: No I don’t think so at least I don’ remember any telling me anything about them.
Frankie: You never bothered to find out? Maybe ask a few questions of your caseworker?
Randi: All I was thinking about was getting out of that foster home! And what’s the point? What were they going to do for me any way? If they had wanted me I wouldn’t have ended up in foster care! Besides what would I say any way? Hi a betcha don’t remember me or You never knew me but? And what are they going to say? I didn’t know or I would have could have I was gonna if they asked me I would have wanted?
Frankie: Aren’t you curious at all?
Randi: Every once in a long while I do but most of the time no not really, well maybe a little bit more (She says sitting up looking Frankie eye to eye) now since I’ve been sick and since the transfusion I’ve been a bit more curious than before but most of the time no. And what if I find these people are they folks I even want to know? (She lies back down next to him as she continues talking) Besides I have my family. I have you, our beautiful children your mom Jesse, Natalia, Cassandra
Frankie: Speaking of Cassandra have you seen her?
Randi: I spoke to her briefly on the phone earlier.
Frankie: How did she sound to you?
Randi: She sounded okay maybe a little down.
Frankie: You know my Mom still hasn’t heard from her. (He says twisting his head to look at her)
Randi: Still? I thought they would have patched things up by now.
Frankie: No, no they’re still not speaking (He lays his head back down on the pillow tucking his palm under his neck)
Randi: Trust me they’ll work it out sooner or later.
Frankie: I just hope it sooner rather than later the longer it goes on the more I can see the toll it’s taking on my Mom.
Randi: Honey, Cassandra and your Mom were real close for a very long time and relationships got through their rough spots but I know they will work it out.
Frankie: From your lips to God’s ears.
Randi: You just have to believe that they will. Baby, all you can do is be there when and if they need you.  (She reaches out taking his hand in hers and squeezes it then leans in and kisses him)
Frankie: How do you do that? (He smiles pulling her closer as he snuggles in to the bed with her)
Randi: Do what? (She smiles up at him)
Frankie: With everything that is going on with you and everything that you’re facing how do you stay so incredibly positive?  
Randi: I remind myself everyday that out there somewhere there’s somebody out there worse off than I am. I’m surrounded by people who love me The Best in-laws as girl could ask for, beautiful children and the world’s best husband. (She warps her arm around waist laying her head on his chest) I have wonderful nurses great doctors and they told me they can remove the tumor and my recovery expectations are good to excellent. I have a lot to be thankful for. We have a lot to be thankful for.
Frankie: You know what I’m most thankful for?
Randi: What?
Frankie: You. (He smiles starring down at her as if seeing her for the first time his lips come down to meet hers kissing her gently at first then deepening)

No comments:

Post a Comment